Bluebird Farm: Soil Secrets for Awesome Gardens! by Tom & Renee Wade
Living Soil Rocks! And now is the ideal time to get your fall and winter soil growing strategies into action. To help you better understand how to create a living soil and decide what will work for your garden, Tom and Renee Wade are offering their final soil classes of the year on September 8th and October 13th.
Topics we will cover include:
- Cover crops and mulching – how these differ in their effects on your soil allies: fungi, bacteria, and all the other members of the soil’s web of life.
- How to put your garden to bed in ways that maximize carbon sequestration.
- How to make a cover crop cocktail (without any alcohol!)
- Using soil to catch the winter rains.
- How to time your soil building activities with the changing season.
All classes will take place from 10am to noon at Bluebird Permaculture Farm, 11153 Cement Hill Road, Nevada City. The cost is $20 per class. You are welcome to take one or both classes.
Soil is the key to a healthy and happy world, Soil organisms have been transforming our planet into a paradise for millions of years. It’s time for us all to give those microbes some help! Come and be inspired!
Pre-register at firstname.lastname@example.org – or just arrive! We will have plenty of room.
Workshops held at Bluebird Farm, 11153 Cement Hill Rd., Nevada City, CA. Taught by Tom and Renee Wade, with guest teacher Marney Blair of Fulcrum Farm.
Tom and Renee are certified Permaculture Design consultants, farmers, and landscapers with over 40 years combined experience. Renee is also the author of The Living Earth Handbook: Creating Sustainability from the Inside Out. She holds a degree in Ecological Agriculture. Tom is a talented storyteller with an amazing capacity to bring the details to life. Marney is a biodynamic farmer and compost expert. She is also active with the Slow Food movement.