On-Farm Poultry Processing Training
Featuring Nevada County Grown Mobile Poultry Processing Trailer. which Nevada County Grown rents out for producers to use. 6:00 – 8:00pm at Back to Basics Farm, 16199 McCourtney Rd., Grass Valley, CA. Cost $10 per farm.
- New Poultry Guidelines Overview
- Overview of following the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point Plan and Standard Sanitary Operating Procedures contained in the Poultry Guideline
- Practices that lower stress on the birds and helps maintain product quality
- Review Mobile Poultry Processing Equipment and Set-up
- Review processing of birds including slaughter, scalding, plucking, evisceration, cleaning the carcass, chilling, packaging, labeling, and storing.
- Wastewater disposal and composting offal
- Cleaning the trailer and equipment after use.
- Review rental process
To register for the workshop, contact Patty Bielen email@example.com.