Systemic Inflammation, Food intolerance and….
Systemic Inflammation, Food Intolerance and AutoimmunityThis seminar will describe current scientific concepts of digestion, immunity, and autoimmunity to explain this connection. Paul Bergner, the Director of the North American Institute of Medical Herbalism in Portland, teaches this in-depth course and reviews nutrition, herbal materia medica, and formulation strategies to help support the body’s healing of the resulting systemic inflammation.During this seminar you will learn about:* Methods that will successfully help with serious chronic illnesses such as autoimmune conditions, neurological problems, cardiovascular inflammation, kidney failure, mental disorders, and more
* The basic science of how nutrients affect inflammation and tissue integrity
* The “dotted line” between inflammation in the gastrointestinal system and the overall system
* The exact immune components and mechanisms which are responsible for the escalation of gut inflammation to systemic inflammation
* Interview techniques and assessment methods to evaluate a client for food intolerance
* The unreliability of the common lab tests for food intolerance
How to coach a patient through the elimination of suspected offending foods
* A complete herbal materia medica of anti-inflammatory herbs
A herbal materia medica and formulation guidance for healing “leaky gut syndrome”
After taking this course, you’ll be able to assess and coach a patient (or yourself) using interview and observational skills taught by Paul. Foods that evoke an immunological inflammatory response are nearly universal in modern chronic disease. Identification and removal of these food antigens can allow symptoms of diseases to simply fall away—even serious ones! The material for this course has been developed over a period of over more than thirty years of clinical experience with the methods presented, delivered in various formats to hundreds of intermediate and advanced students of herbalism, nutrition, and naturopathic medicine as part of their pre-clinical training.
For more information and registration details visit: