Tahoe Food Hub: Shop Talks and Store hours
SHOP TALKS SERIES
~ Inspiring Conversations on Local Food and Health ~
We are excited to be kicking off the New Year with a fresh line-up of Shop Talks! We bring together speakers on a variety of topics to spark conversation about where our food comes from and the positive impact sustainably-grown food can have not only on our health but our environment and economy. Join us @ the Farm Shop for each Shop Talk!
Understanding Grains & Fiber for Better Health
w/ Rob Ferguson of Sourdough Solutions
Thurs, January 9th 6 -7:30pm @ the Farm Shop by the Truckee Airport
Check our Facebook event’s page for more information, click here!
Paint & Sip – SOLD OUT! We will do this again so stay tuned!
w/ Eva Stramer Nichols (learn more here)
Tues, January 14th – message us if you want to be put on the waiting list or be kept informed when we do it again.
Coming in February and March:
- Bee Aware w/ Nikki Florio – Understand the impact our society is having on our bee population. There is a lot more to the story than just synthetic pesticides.
- Fermenation w/ Erin Kelly – Learn not only how to ferment veggies and make kraut and kimchi but all the good it does for your gut!
- Chinese Sports Medicine w/ Local acupuncturist, Jared Anderson, will share how you can take advantage of this ancient style to unlock your full athletic potential.
- No-Till Farming w/ Michael Whamond of Hillview Farm. What is “No-Till”? And what benefit does it provide our soil and our climate?
What’s NEW at the Farm Shop
We like to keep it fresh at the Farm Shop.! And not just with fresh produce but with a fresh array of new specialty products. and meats…
- We just received a half-cow that was pasture-raised and grass-finished by Joe and Teri Bertotti with Hole-in-One Ranch in Janesville. Come check out the wide selection of steaks and roasts
- We now have fresh locally-made bread four days a week from four different artisans, Tues- Fri. Come early as they go fast!
- Dried fruits and nuts from Salle Orchards locally made in Wheatland, CA.
- CBD ointments and edibles for you and your dog from our olive oil grower, Calolea in Loma Rica.
OPEN Tues – Friday 11am – 7pm, Sat 9am – 1pm
12116 Chandelle Way, Unit D1, Truckee, CA 96161
Find us at the crossroads of Soaring Way and Aviation Way next to the Truckee Airport
TAHOE FOOD HUB
PO Box 3038
Truckee, CA 96160
Who we are what we do:
Tahoe Food Hub (TFH) is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to develop a local food system that increases access to local food for communities surrounding Lake Tahoe and benefits diversified family farms within 150-miles. Our goal is to support farms using regenerative farming practices by providing them a fair marketplace to sell their products. Through this agricultural network, we can connect our community with where their food comes from and better understand the social, environmental and economic benefits of a local food system.