Over 15,000 people in Nevada County need help. Who are these people? They are families, senior citizens, veterans, the working poor and the disabled. Without Interfaith Food Ministry and other supportive agencies, they would not know where their next meal is coming from.
What can you do to help?
- Donate funds, food, or time –
- Interfaith Food Ministry and Food Bank of Nevada County take donations of money, food, and volunteer time.
- check in with your local community groups, churches or schools,
- become a volunteer gleaner with Sierra Harvest,
- or check out Feeding America to see where else you can donate.
- Learn about hunger — According to the USDA, more than 34 million people, including 9 million children, in the United States are food insecure. Every community in the country is home to families who face hunger. But rural communities like Nevada County are especially hard hit by hunger.